:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> The argument of those who support protecting the hardware against a
> probable breakage are logically sound: I support them.

But "the hardware" didn't "break". Certain vendor-supplied software
reportedly ceases to function if certain EFI variables are deleted.
And the vendor apparently couldn't be bothered with making these
variables undeletable if they were intended to be undeletable.
In an ideal world, this should be covered by warranty as that's
obviously a technical defect, however, people working for said vendors
will doubtlessly also prefer to blame someone else instead.