:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer H. Rauschenberg
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016, Simon Hobson wrote:

> Yes, in an ideal world where everyone is a "full time admin". But in the
> real world, more systems are used by "average users" who just expect
> "stuff to work". So IMO, you either build stuff that works (or at least
> is up-front about what's wrong), or you leave these people stuck with
> "stuff that's broken" and regardless of how right you are, the pi**ed
> off user will be moaning about how "rubbish and complicated this Linux
> is - best go back to Windows".

I think this is the road that led to systemd -- if you think Linux needs
to be "as easy as Windows" you tend to take away all the aspects that made
it superior (in my view).

Most of the people in the Linux community who shout so loud focus on this
kind of target, so devuan better should focus on the people who want less
automagic and more control.

Besides that I don't think mounting EFI-vars r/w is a good idea as a
system default and I don't think the user not having read all the
relevant documentation (spread out over various places) is to blame when
system behaviour *changes* in such a drastic way (bricking hardware by
deleting "files").