:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@???> writes:
> Can anyone answer:
>
> 1] Does this vulnerability apply when the UEFI is operating in "legacy
> boot" mode instead of "secure boot" mode? I recall that when I was
> originally setting up my only UEFI-equipped device that there were
> differences between the two modes in how I needed to set up the
> partition table.

This isn't really a "vulnerability". It's an API for performing certain
operations and some of the operations one can perform in this way
reportedly interact very badly with buggy firmware. 'Legacy boot mode'
should usually mean 'use a/the BIOS' instead of 'use UEFI' (that's at
least what it meant on my computer) hence, it should sidestep the issue.