:: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
Góra strony
Autor: Haines Brown
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 08:04:26AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> I suspect I could remove the /lib/systemd/ directory entirely, and it
> might block any systemd-udev from changing network interface name, and
> systemd=logind from freezing user's frozen desktop.
>
> So let me ask: if I delete the directory and its contents, will I still
> have a functioning Sid system?

Not having received an answer, I went ahead and did it. It had several
effects: a) the reported bug that had made it difficult to shutdown the X
server disappeared, b) the boot no longer goes over the a higher
resolution but remains VGA, c) trying to startx as user now produces
error that screen can't be found, d) now the freeze of the desktop
affects root as well.

I have a choice: re-install Sid from scratch or install devuan. I'd much
rather do the latter, but I'd prefer to wait for the beta. So let me ask
the question that can't be answered: when is the beta likely to surface?
Within a month or so or not likely until well after mid year?