:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 04:39:57PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 20:07:33 +0000
> Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:
>
> > There are really only two options:
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > 2. Mount r/w and expect people messing around with the fs as superuser
> >    to know what they're doing.

> Chefs know what they're doing, but they still have fire extinguishers
> with which to put out any fires. When the downside is severe enough,
> safety measures are called for regardless of the skill of the operator.

In this case the stupid design is not to be blamed, but maybe the
(missing of proper) documentation of such silly behaviour is the real
culprit.

I don't excuse people for not knowing that they can damage their
system, *if* they have been given the opportunity to acquire the
necessary knowledge about that issue.

Then, I have to say that I personally find it still very stupid to
give the possibility to brick a laptop without putting large blinking
red signs of warning everywhere, to specify that there is this risk.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]