:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 10:49:10 +0100 Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 02 Feb 2016, Wim wrote:
>>
>> >    [2]https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402
>> >    Well, you've probably guessed the answer - Won't fix.

>> meanwhile, on the background, the usual bullying goes on among the
>> systemd hooligans, sarcastically liquidating the concern with some
>> cynical remarks, as if it would be a deserved punition for users
>> caught into a bricked laptop rather than an erased filesystem:
>
> I think I've established my bone-fides as a systemd hater, and
> Poettering's decision to leave this thing read/write instead of
> having it r/o and having his utilities rw/change/ro is just typical
> Freedesktop/Redhat/Poettering nonsense,

Considering that the way to access this so-called 'variables' is via the
filesystem namespace, that would be a horrendous mistake: This would
imply they could be affected 'on the fly' by a command never supposed to
work with them because the filesystem happened to be mounted (or
to be remounted) at the right time while the command was running.

There are really only two options:

1. Don't mount or mount r/o and require user interfaction prior to
working with these variables.

2. Mount r/w and expect people messing around with the fs as superuser
to know what they're doing.