:: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf E…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> This is enough evidence to be very vigilant where an OS uses systemd.
> Breaking hardware is a very serious issue, will not fix is not acceptable
> as a responsible reply.

In all seriousness, what is the guy supposed to do if some
less-than-informed person accidentally deletes something he'd better
have kept and then goes into "scream bloody murder" mode because the
system actually gave him enough rope to hang himself? Beyond coming out
of this with a re-inforced impression that - as soon as his software
allows users to do antyhing - they will (intentionally or stupidly)
cause as much mayhem as possible and then publically blame him for that,
that is.

If this isn't documented (which I don't know), one could call it a booby
trap. If there's not way easy to prevent the mounted filesystem from
being deleted, eg, by umounting it or protecting it in some other way,
not by 'remembering' that one must manually steer around it, there'd be
something seriously amiss with the software. If it's documented and
could have been protected, PEBKAC.