:: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf E…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Hobson
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> meanwhile, on the background, the usual bullying goes on among the
> systemd hooligans, sarcastically liquidating the concern with some
> cynical remarks, as if it would be a deserved punition for users
> caught into a bricked laptop rather than an erased filesystem:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=UEFI-rm-root-directory

Exposing my ignorance here, what would need to write to the EFI stuff ? That article quotes someone as saying mounting it read-only would break some userspace stuff - so what would it break and why does it need to write there ?
Not having actually dealt with EFI other than as a user, I don't recall stuff having to write to BIOS settings !