:: Re: [DNG] Memory management strateg…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Memory management strategies.
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
> Le 01/02/2016 17:52, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
>> there's a known upper bound for the maximum number of objects which will
>> be needed
>
>     Some applications need to asynchronously create and destroy large
> numbers of objects while the total number of objects at any given time
> remains bounded. Creating them in one function or in one thread while
> deleting them in another can be a sensible way to organize the program
> if allocation/deallocation is efficient.

Aha ... and what is this now supposed to communicate? It looks like a
couple of unrelated statements to me which also don't seem to have any
relation to the idea to use an array as 'backing store' for memory
allocation, as opposed to, say, something which allocates page (frames)
via OS calls, eg, mmap, and divides these as required or even just a
'large' memory block acquired via malloc.