著者: Didier Kryn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Memory management strategies.
Le 31/01/2016 14:28, Edward Bartolo a écrit :
> The question is how do memory managers succeed to remain efficient and
> yet cope with memory allocation of so many different sizes?

     I doubt they're efficient.

     If you really need an efficient memory allocator - but do you
really need? - then better write one fitted to your needs. A universal
memory allocator cannot be efficient for all cases. On the other hand,
if you can organize your application in such a way that you need to
allocate and deallocate variables according to a simple scheme, then you
can do it with perfect efficiency. Two examples below that I have
experimented for my own use:

     If all your objects have the same size, you can organize your
buffer as an array. Two different sizes, two arrays. If you can manage
to always allocate and deallocate in oposite order, then you can
organize your buffer like a stack - you can deallocate objects in the
middle of the stack, but the memory isn't reclaimed untill all objects
on top have been freed.

     If you really want to make an efficient use of memory, this is my
recommendations: organize the behaviour of the program in such a way
that you can write a perfect allocator-deallocator.

     Didier