:: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> writes:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 04:39:15PM +0000, Go Linux wrote:

[...]

>> The operative qualifier being 'at least'. Just for giggles, I tried to remove it and got this thrown at me:
>>
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>> acpi-fakekey avidemux avidemux-plugins ca-certificates-java default-jre
>> default-jre-headless dvdstyler ffmpeg gimp gnome-orca gvfs gvfs-backends
>> gvfs-daemons libasound2-plugins libavdevice56 libespeak1 libgegl-0.2-0
>> liblavplay-2.1-0 libmikmod3 libmjpegtools-dev libpulse-dev
>> libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0 libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-sound1.2
>> libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl1.2debian libsystemd0 libxine2-x
>> mjpegtools mplayer2 openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless packagekit
>> packagekit-tools sane-utils smplayer smplayer-l10n smplayer-themes
>> speech-dispatcher speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins vlc xine-ui
>>
>> What a mess! Just how do you fix that!! (Rhetorical question btw)
>
> With some significant risk, you could take out libsystemd0, let it do
> its worst, and then try -- one at a time -- reinstalling the deleted
> packages that you really need, one at a time.

I'd try this the other way round: First, try dpkg --purge libsystemd0.
If this is blocked by a depency, investigate the corresponding packages:
If they're not really needed/ wanted, dpkg --purge them, handling more
depedencies in the same way. Then, try the initial libsystemd0 --purge
again. Repeat until it can be removed.