:: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] systemd is haunting me
On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 05:14:00PM +0300, Mitt Green wrote:
> Flor‎ian Zieboll wrote:‎
>
> >The new syntax works fine on my Jessie systems, no need for
> >double e‎ntries.
>
> Nice :)
>
> >It is running sysv-init with XDM
> >and DWM / JWM and all the "major components"
> >like dbus, udev and even cups.
>
> You may even want to remove dbus package, if there is no
> dependency on it. dwm is, by the way, made by
> suckless.org, those mates are known for their
> minimalistic approach in writing code and their attitude to
> systemd in particular, even having a section about it on
> the site. They surely read this list :)
>
> To be honest, I removed aptitude in the very early days
> of my Debian experience and have never installed it again.
> APT and dpkg do the job great for me, I very rarely open
> Synaptic. Deborphan is nice to manage retained
> unnecessary packages and configurations.

aptide used to be unique because it maintained the distinction between
packages you had requested and packages it had installed as
dependencies. I'm told that nowadays, apt maintains that information,
too, so apttitude users don't have to worry about thheir dependency
database being corrupted. I don't know if apt does anything with it,
though.

-- hendrik