著者: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
On 01/29/2016 11:38 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:05:15 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>

>> Devuan's unique. There are several sans-systemd alternatives, but
>> Devuan is the only one I would recommend to someone not intimately
>> familiar with the internals of Linux and POSIX.
> My preceding assertion is false. Manjaro-OpenRC is another sans-systemd
> distro that a mere mortal can install and administer.

In a similar vein Calculate Linux has IMO well put together group of
versions based on and compliant with Gentoo with rather elaborate Layman
overlays, openRC, eudev and no systemd.
Simple setup and install, probably easier than Debian, the install
process does not take long unlike the parent Gentoo.
It also has an updater.
If one uses the somewhat frowned upon Porthole package manager things
are almost as easy as Synaptic or at least like Synaptic you can quickly
see what is available.
Other Gentoo Layman overlays can be added, but of course at that point
one must be more careful as it is similar to adding outside repositories
in a Debian based distro.

Like Devuan I can actually imagine using this on several dissimilar
machines, which is not something I would relish with raw Gentoo or other
compile on installation distros despite most of them them being anti systemd
One day I installed Funtoo with XFCE on my Atom powered Netbook and that
is pretty much how long it took.
If I had a room full of machines all the same, my view of such installs
might be different.

Clarke

P.S.
The Yukon Territory in Canada had a health advertising promotion for
Vitamin D that referred to "the D".
It created quite an uproar as "the D" is common slang for something else.
Living a somewhat sheltered life I had to look "the D" up on the internets.
Now I realized why the ads were so funny.
Then it occurred to me I already knew what a system was and now I knew
what the d was.