:: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debi…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Adam Borowski
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 04:08:15PM +0000, KatolaZ wrote:
> I believe your conspiracy theory is not too far from reality,
> indeed. As a matter of fact, the support for the FreeBSD port has
> never been official

Incorrect, kfreebsd _was_ an official supported architecture, in squeeze and
wheezy. Support for wheezy (oldstable) still lasts, albeit only for three
months longer. There's no kfreebsd in jessie, though, and there's about no
hope there will in stretch.

> and to the best of my knowledge Debian GNU/Hurd is practically a frozen
> project.

Well, the state of Hurd, upstream, is pretty much a joke, so it's a wonder
the port is present in Debian even at the current level.

> Hence, it will be very easy for the TC to get rid of both "ports".

I'd say the danger comes more from sorry state of sysvinit maintenance.
Openrc in Debian is in even worse state.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.