著者: richard lucassen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:09:53 -0500
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> There are many Debian developers who maintain packages that have
> nothing to do with systemd, and who do not entangle their packages
> with systemd. They may not be working for systemd specifically, but
> they can indded be considered to be working to our benefit. I'm sure
> they are aware that their work is used by many, many Debian
> derivatives.

Oh yes, sure. But for how long? And which packages? Suppose "cat" is
dependent op systemd, that's more evil than the NeverHeardOf package.

> Without them, out project would be doomed.

A thing that remains, as you pointed out in your other post: was
systemd inserted by Debian or by the original developers? And this is
only the xorg package, but there are many, many other packages out
there. Who is going to maintain that without the coorporation of
Debian? Who is responsible for the security updates? Those questions
need to be answered.

I'd rather go for a, like Tobias suggested, a libsystemd telling
the package that is linked against, that it runs on a non-systemd
system. But maybe that solution is too simple, clear and wrong. And I
simply miss the skills to give the correct answer to that question.

And yes, there is "systemd" in the name. Sorry for that ;-)

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/