:: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
richard lucassen <mailinglists@???> writes:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:17:37 +0100
> Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger@???> wrote:
>
>> Actually libsystemd0 is a compatibility library: It does whatever the
>> user wanted it to do if systemd is up and running and falls back to
>> doing nothing if systemd is not in use. It was written to allow
>> software to run on either systemd or non-systemd systems. That is why
>> debian is enabling it.
>>
>> The issue is that many people in devuan are so allergic to systemd
>> that they will not tolerate a library with that string in its name.
>
> Ah, I didn't know that. Thnx :)

Considering that I wrote that in reply to you and also in reply to the
other person who asserted "Don't worry. We just have you best interest
in mind!" why was there any uncertainty of the technical purpose of
libsystemd?

That "systemd developers/ supporters" like asserting that everyone who
doesn't agree with their opinion on anything is mentally deranged in
this or that way is also not exactly new. They've been doing this for a
while and it's pretty much how most less-than-brilliant people regard
anybody who disagrees with any of their opinions.