著者: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:05:08 +0800, Brad wrote in message
<56A97754.7050401@???>:

> I'm running an early 2015 Macbook Pro. I have OSX, Windows 7 & Linux
> installed. I live in Linux, but on the rare occassions I need to boot
> into OSX or Win 7 I simply s2disk. That way when I re-boot into linux
> it just wakes up where it was rather than losing any context.
>
> Aside from the non-functioning camera, the only other hardware issue
> I routinely see is the USB SD reader mostly disappears off the bus
> after a system sleep.

..doesn't your early 2015 Macbook have enough opmh to run all
these OS'es off e.g. https://www.qubes-os.org/ (aside from
their systemd issue)?

..coming from SuSE-5.2 in 1998, I can live with .rpms, but the
systemd issue really boils down to either "they are wrong and
made a death trap for people like me and Edward Snowdon", or,
"we are wrong and should get ready to apologise."

..as a quiet ;o) pacifist in the early 1980ies serving in the
RNoAF and our Navy, I had _NO_ idea Boris Yeltsin would climb
on top of a Soviet tank in 1991 to cancel WWIII. :o)

..I didn't want any wannabe nazi genocider idiots wasting precious
ammo trying to kill Russian etc democrats on my behalf, wounding
them is 5 times more effective in war according to the US Army
and keeps them alive, tying up personell in hospitals etc.

..on trying to build a language translator in 1994 out of the texts
of the 130 language pairs in the 4 Geneva Conventions, I learned a
new lesson on my own damned naîvity, I had indeed been trained as
a genocider, I heard of the 4 Geneva Conventions exactly 3 times
between 1981 and 1984, "common sense" in boot school, the last time,
I overheard an AA commander mention "Geneva" explaining the ban on
below-40mm grenades on personell to his gun crew as I passed by to
pick up an AA target "drone" I had just landed.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: