:: [DNG] Never say that again: was Deb…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Temas antiguos: Re: [DNG] Debian is endorsed by Microsoft
Asunto: [DNG] Never say that again: was Debian is endorsed by Microsoft
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:42:59 +0100

> > And that begs the question: "Who is Karen Sandler?"
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Sandler
>
> ..small fish, nice tits. ;o)

The preceding half sentence is one example of something that should
NEVER appear in any Devuan venue. Ever.

A post like that is likely to anger half the world's population, and if
unrepudiated (I'm repudiating it right now), lead to some of those half
withdrawing from the project.

I'm not speaking directly to the person who spoke that half sentence,
because it's just one example, and by far not the worst I've seen on
Free Software mailing lists.

Perhaps I sound Politically Correct. Fine. When you post offtopic to
Devuan, you'd darn well better be politically correct, because
otherwise it's likely you're blowing off potential contributors, not
because something needs to be said for the good of Devuan, but because
you find it oh so delightful to get off your chest.

Karen Sandler may (or may not, I have no idea) be a poor excuse for a
human being who is plotting the destruction of all things not systemd.
Fine. Attack her for that. But her proportions have absolutely nothing
to do with Devuan, and should not be commented on, any more than
somebody's religion, nationality, gender, gender preference, gender
identification, disabilities, or anything else.

We anti-systemd people are already a tiny minority. We don't need
to start offending each other over things having nothing to do with
Linux, systemd, or even computing. If we don't hang together, we'll
most assuredly hang separately. And that spells systemctl.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28