:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mitt Green
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
dev1fanboy,

Since APT pinning no longer works, the purpose of
the guide [1] is uncertain to me.

I would also add spacefm to the list [2]; transcript from
the site [3]:
"SpaceFM & udevil can be used completely without systemd,
consolekit, policykit, dbus, udisks, gvfs & fuse
(although it can coexist with any of these)."

Although it has dependency on dbus in Debian, that can be safely
removed, as I haven't observed any issues so far.

SpaceFM can automount using udevil, so it could be added to
Openbox quick start guide [4]. The main problem, as I mentioned,
is that user either has to recompile the package, removing
dbus from control, or compile from sources.

Also, both Iceweasel and gmusicbrowser don't depend on dbus.
Iceweasel has libdbus-1-3, I reckon, it is not a problem.

Hope this helps,
Mitt