著者: Robert Storey
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop
Simon Hobson <linux@???>
To: dng@???
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purchasing a new computer/laptop

Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

>> Since the Mac doesn't have a ctrl key, the following was a particularly

relevant post:

> Really ?
> Mine does, there between the fn and alt keys - standard UK keyboard on a

MacBook
> Pro. I think it will be model/keyboard specific. You can always plug in a

different
> keyboard.

Hi Simon. You're right, at least newer Macs have a ctrl key. Older ones
didn't, but it's been many years since I had one. I guess now the cmd key
is equivalent to the unused "Windows" key I see staring me in the face
right now.

So maybe I should ask: Have you tried installing Linux on your MacBook? If
so, how was the experience? Any advice about that? Any nonsense to deal
with similar to Microsoft's "secure boot"? (if you answered those questions
already in another post, I"m sorry, I missed it).

Anyway, expensive though it might be, I'd consider a MacBook in the future,
especially if I could dual-boot it with Linux.

cheers,
Robert