:: Re: [DNG] Icerbergs aren't small ju…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Peter Olson
To: dng, Rainer Weikusat
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Icerbergs aren't small just because they're mostly underwater
> On January 25, 2016 at 5:54 PM Rainer Weikusat
> <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

[...]

> A related but IMHO more interesting set of questions could be:
>
> 1. Should every trivial crap $someone ever implemented since 1978 end up
>    in general purpose library just because $someone happend to have to
>    power to put it into it?

> 2. Should people be required to memoize every trivial crap $someone ever
>    implemented since 1978 just because that someone happened to have to
>    power to ...?

> 3. Should people who consider themselves Very Superior Entities because
>    the have memoized every trivial crap $someone ever ... and so on, be
>    taken as seriously as they continuously demand?

It must be trivial crap because nobody ever made a programming error parsing
path names when they rolled their own routines for it. Also: Windows and Mac
path names follow different rules. Use the libraries. I actually like the
example of Python's os.path library, which implements a unified set of portable
routines for manipulating path names.

Peter Olson

Off topic P.S.: memoize means something different from memorize, which you
clearly meant.