:: Re: [DNG] Icerbergs aren't small ju…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Icerbergs aren't small just because they're mostly underwater
Peter Olson <peabo@???> writes:
>> On January 25, 2016 at 7:40 AM KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:23:01PM +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

[...]

>> > static char const *get_name(char const *arg0)
>> > {
>> >     char const *n, *r;

>> >     n = r = arg0;
>> >     while (*r) if (*r++ == '/') n = r;
>> >     return n;
>> > }

>> That's pretty straight-forward C-programming, IMHO, but I agree that
>> it could be seen as interesting by a mor^H^H^Hstudent who approaches C
>> for the first time.

[...]

> This also brings up the question of whether you should roll your own get_name or
> use basename(3) which already

[...]

A related but IMHO more interesting set of questions could be:

1. Should every trivial crap $someone ever implemented since 1978 end up
in general purpose library just because $someone happend to have to
power to put it into it?

2. Should people be required to memoize every trivial crap $someone ever
implemented since 1978 just because that someone happened to have to
power to ...?

3. Should people who consider themselves Very Superior Entities because
the have memoized every trivial crap $someone ever ... and so on, be
taken as seriously as they continuously demand?