:: [DNG] Lightweight media/video playe…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mitt Green
A: Dng
Asunto: [DNG] Lightweight media/video player
Hi,

As I recently have been playing with window managers,
mostly FVWM, i3 and now it's Openbox, to latter I switched
from Xfce because I have decided not to go with D-Bus,
I am now in need to find a lightweight media or, precisely,
video player.

In Xfce I had been using Parole, because it's lightweight,
but it, as well as other Xfce components, depends on D-Bus
via Xfconf.

All these xmms2, mplayer, smplayer pull about 50 additional
packages, which is huge, comparing to parole, that wants to
install just ten more.

By lightweight I mean:
- GTK+2 or even CLI interface (GTK+3 is less favoured);
- not a lot of dependencies (why do I need to install
samba-libs to decode videos, I don't know);
- it would be great if a player is already compiled in .deb and
is in repos/PPA/official site.

Thank you all,

Have a good one,
// Mitt