:: Re: [DNG] "Common knowledge?"-quest…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] "Common knowledge?"-question
Le 25/01/2016 11:34, KatolaZ a écrit :
> I would say that having embedded subprograms in a function is not the
> best thing one can do in C

     Every block is a subprogram. The block in a do loop, the
conditional block in an if or while statement. The subprogram blocks are
everywhere in C; they're a basic construct of the language. I don't see
why plain blocks woud be bad, ie neither conditional, nor loop. And I
also consider a sane practice to restrict the scope of variables as much
as it makes sense.

     It's just that there are two features that most C programmers never
learn or quickly forget:

     1) blocks don't need to be conditional or loop,
     2) they can contain declarations.

     On the contrary, the ability to declare variables outside of a
block, in the middle of instructions, like in C++ is a nonsense; it is
an incitation to loose programming.

     I personnally re-discovered this very nice features a few years ago
after having used the equivalent in Ada.

     Didier