:: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:10:31 +0100
Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 00:09:23 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> > different color terminals for
> > ssh sessions
>
> I had played a bit with the tiling and highly (GUI) configurable
> "Terminator" but was bounced back to xterm very quickly due to its
> footprint and wrote the following secremote.sh script.

:-)

If it's many colors and a tiny footprint are desired, what I've done is
compiled Suckless Tools' st terminal with many different color
combinations, each with the name 'zz' plus the first letter of the
foreground color plus the first letter of the background color.

Suckless Tools terminals are very low footprint, but they also lack
features necessary for certain tasks. IIRC you'd never use one for a
login terminal, and IIRC they can't be told to run a certain script
(like xterm -e). But they often suffice, and you can easily compile
them to have the exact font size you like.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28