:: Re: [DNG] "Common knowledge?"-quest…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] "Common knowledge?"-question
Le 23/01/2016 14:48, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> I've always said the C syntax for declarators was confusing.
> Even those who understand it read it wrong!
>
> (Yes, In understand the logic behind it. It is still confusing.)

     I fully agree: it's confusing.

     Actually, in a single statement one can declare objects of
different data types, the base type, pointers to it, pointers to
pointers etc. This allows for many places to put qualifiers such as
const, volatile, static, register.

     The syntax used by Rainer is usefull when declaring in the same
statement constant and non-constant characters, which I, personnaly, try
to avoid because it is confusing. Confusing statements simply boost the
probability for bugs.

     Didier