:: Re: [DNG] Debian is endorsed by Mic…
Página Inicial
Autor: dev1fanboy
Para: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Debian is endorsed by Microsoft
A lot of what you say sums up my feelings about systemd and microsoft. When these things had happened what was of the gnu/linux community practically all rejected anything that smells like microsoft, and it was necessary to do that imo (just as some zeal is necessary now for other inits to survive). We know what to expect from microsoft for the most part, so giving them a pass for "normal business practises" I don't think is sensible and might even be naive for many with the same experiences. Being fully about selling proprietary software, and the other problems the OS presents I can't give them a pass for anything as it gives others the wrong impression about free software/open source values. These are learned values and I'm not sure the time is right to unchange them, if microsoft GPL's their entire OS and stops all bad business practises then sure, but it would be naive for anyone with these experiences to expect that there is no FUD or bad motivations there. It also makes me wond
er what will happen with debian now that microsoft apparently loves them. If people don't think the systemd culture emerging is not elitist, zealous, or cultish.. better to take a look at how they try to stop others from making a choice other than the software they produce. It's their way or the high way.