Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] what is sssd?
Am 22.01.2016 um 16:07 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On 22/01/16 14:29, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
>> Am 22.01.2016 um 14:23 schrieb Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
>>> Does anybody know what sssd is good for?
>>
>> This is often used together with Samba to make userids of pure Active
>> Directory users known to the Linux of the domain controller.
>>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Sssd
>>
>> The samba developers recommend to use winbindd for this function. But
>> there are cases when this does not exactly do what the admins want.
>> Then they often switch to sssd.
>
> Care to expand on what sssd does that winbind doesn't ?

I do not use it myself, only read about it on the samba mailinglist.
You can probably tell much more precisely what sssd is, than I can.
Just wanted to make sure that before devuan leaves it away, they should
consider that some samba users want it.
I should have added that because winbind improves with time, sssd will
probably be less used in the future.