著者: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
新しいトピック: Re: [DNG] what is sssd?
題目: [DNG] what is sssd?
Does anybody know what sssd is good for? I was a bit surprised to see a whole bunch of these sssd-something packages in debian, while I was searching for sss. It's homepage says:

"SSSD is a system daemon. Its primary function is to provide access to identity and authentication remote resource through a common framework that can provide caching and offline support to the system. It provides PAM and NSS modules, and in the future will D-BUS based interfaces for extended user information. It provides also a better database to store local users as well as extended user data.

Documentation on configuring SSSD in Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux is available from ​the RHEL deployment guide. We also have a dedicated Documentation section [...]"

Any idea?