:: [DNG] desktop-base package review
Página Inicial
Autor: aitor_czr
Para: Daniel Reurich, dng
Assunto: [DNG] desktop-base package review
Hi Daniel,

On 01/21/2016 11:11 PM, Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been hacking on the desktop-base package to add a bunch of features
> like monitor size & aspect ratio detection to improve our chances of
> selecting the best artwork, adding support for grub2 themes and using an
> images manifest so the artwork can be updated without having to hack on
> all of the maintainer scripts. There is now very little resemblance to
> debian desktop-base package.
>
> I'd like some other eyes to look over my code and point out any
> improvements/flaw.
>
> I haven't tested the code for setting the GRUB_THEME variable in
> /etc/default/grub (in debian/postinst) and I think it's rather crude to
> do it that way.
>
> I still have to add functionality to debian/postrm to remove the
> GRUB_THEME variable (with tests to ensure it's untouched).
>
> The project is located here:
> https://git.devuan.org/packages-base/desktop-base/branches
>
> Please fork and make merge requests with any proposed changes.
>
> Cheers,
>     Daniel.

I agree to add the artwork carried out by Hellekin to desktop-base
package. It would be also interesting to configure the '/etc/skel'
folder (skeleton). I would therefore like to suggest some ideas, but
lately i don't have much free time. Today i've been working on appling a
multithread proccess in such a way that "/usr/lib/netman/bin/backend 8"
is called on a separate thread so as to avoid blocking Gtkmm's main loop
(i.e., the spinner). I do not surrender :)

Aitor.