:: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
Le 21/01/2016 12:33, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:03:18AM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:

>>> they are independent, I think ... though perhaps some D&D might be a
>>> bit cleaner between them??? they both just interact with X and allow
>>> extensive file-based configuration if you want to use it. Last time I
>>> tried both worked fine just in X alone, no other management.

>>> "profiles" can easily be invoked on CL if you want distinctive
>>> appearance to indicate different tasks.
>>>

>>> Simon
>>      I installed roxterm and rox-filer. Both are just nice behaving.
>> roxterm doesn't seem to differ in apearence, configurability or
>> behaviour, from xfce4-terminal or gnome-terminal.

>>      rox-filer is nice looking, but it needs some configuration. Here
>> are the two waek points I noticed

>>      - there is absolutely no application defined by default for any
>> file type; you must define them all - this is a miss in the
>> packaging.
>>      - there isn't a menu of possible applications for a given file
>> type. I like to be able to open an image with either a simple viewer
>> or with Gimp to edit it.

> So I tried installing it, and found that it recommended zeroinstall-injector.
> Anyone know what this is? It seems to be a "platform-independent
> package manager". What does this mean in relation to rox-filer. And
> how does it relate to apt and aptitude.
>
> Might it alleviate some of the above complaints?

     I always use apt-get install --no-install-recommends, or "default
upgrade" in Synaptic. And I don't look at the recommended packages :-)

     This "recommends" feature has become a kind of bin for packages the
maintainers would like desperately to "require" for obscure reasons, but
they fail to find a valid one.

     Didier