:: Re: [DNG] Input Method Framework
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Robert Storey
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Input Method Framework
<mett@???> writes:

> Hi dear list,

> Thanks again for all the work u did on Dev1 and tell me if I can help
> in anyway.

> I followed devuanfanboy howto, removed dbus and installed fluxbox(was
> under xfce b4)

> Thing is Im using Japanese a lot and need anthy or similar.

I need Chinese input myself (I live in Taiwan), and for now I'm also using
Emacs as my input method. However, Emacs is too complex for my wife, so
I've got her using gcin. As far as I can tell, it does not depend on dbus
(I could be wrong about that, but "apt-cache show gcin" doesn't list dbus).
Although I don't use it for Japanese, I understand that gcin supports it.
According to the package description:

Description-en: GTK+ based input method for Chinese users
gcin is a GTK+ based input method which focused mainly on Traditional
Chinese. However, it is also very useful for Simplified Chinese, Japanese,
and many other languages

So maybe you'll want to look into that.

cheers,
Robert