:: Re: [DNG] Apparently Jessie has run…
Página Inicial
Autor: Ian Zimmerman
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Apparently Jessie has runit
On 2016-01-20 22:14 +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

> > - Some headers to tell utilities what runlevels the service should run
> > at, and dependencies.
>
> That's a LSB invention. It's a grotesque travesty as it uses 'magic
> comments' to embed a declarative mini programming language in an init
> script which is only ever used when modifying the runlevel
> configuration. Comments are supposed to be used for relatively short,
> free-style documentation embedded in code, not for interpretation by
> programs.

There's precedent for this - the magic shebang lines perl, tcl, guile
etc. use to get their grubby hands on a script that is masquerading as a
plain shell script.

Come to think of it, the concept of a shebang line itself can be
considered a precedent.

It's not the most elegant way to approach the problem, but I wouldn't
call it a "travesty".