:: Re: [DNG] Input Method Framework
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: mett
À: David Kuehling
CC: Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Input Method Framework
> Hi メット,
>
> I haven't yet found the time to actually upgrade my Debian systems to
> Devuan. I didn even consider, that there are pitfalls around the input
> method support, thanks for the info, it is good to be able to consider
> these things in advance (I use japanese input myself).
>
> My usual workaround for input-method related problems is to do
> everything in Emacs. Emacs has its own japanese input method built in
> (M-x set-input-method <Ret> japanese <Ret>). And there is also a
> package that adds anthy support (apt-get install anthy-el; M-x
> set-input-method <Ret> japanese-anthy <Ret>).
>
> Downside is, you have to do all the writing in emacs. Emacs' japanese
> input support is one of the reasons I use Emacs/Gnus for writing mail.
> Nice thing is, I can still properly write japanese texts, even from the
> terminal when ssh-ing into my system.
>
> I will have a look at these issues, once upgrading my system to Devuan.
> Until then, please keep us posted about any progress you make.
>
> グッドラック,
>
> David

>> Hi dear list,
>
>> Thanks again for all the work u did on Dev1 and tell me if I can help
>> in anyway.
>
>> I followed devuanfanboy howto, removed dbus and installed fluxbox(was
>> under xfce b4)
>
>> Thing is Im using Japanese a lot and need anthy or similar.
>
>> I used to go with scim or ibus but it seems they both need dbus, even
>> the compiled version.
>
>> Was wondering if sby knew a non-dbus dependant IM or a way to
>> circumvent this.
>
>> Also, I had some luck w/ the pkged ibus version, and could write
>> Japanese despite the fact it complained about not finding dbus.
>> Problem then was I couldnt use Fluxbox, only the running
>> applications(tabbed and surf)were working.
>
>> Will take any pointers or advices, TIA.

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I didn't kow at all you could use emacs,
and Im gonna look into it and check vi as well as I use it quite a lot.

Actually if you stay with Dbus, you won't meet those pitfalls I think.

Just I chose to try the full howto version, proposed by devuanfanboy;
ie. to get rid of systemd, of course,
but also getting rid of Dbus as I like simplicity as well.

System is working perfectly and I installed it on a ProLiant DL320 G5p
as well. Both are working perfectly.

One thing which is not directly related but you might bump into when
Devuan-ing your system is keyboard layout.
I have a Japanese keyboard layout and I couldn't find which was the
proper keyboard to be set after upgrading
(everything got reversed to default I guess).

I mean Japanese keyboards seem to be IBM-M type(wikipedia) and they have
103 keys for generic ones(I actually counted mine).
The app to choose your keyboard in De* does not have a choice for
103keys.

Im not sure what is related or not but the steps which worked for
me(it's a laptop with an annoying number pad on the right, a stupidly
small shift key on the right but a nice ctrl key down/completely left)
were:
1/[dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration] and set to pc101 generic
(actually I doubt this had any effect)
2/[vi /etc/default/keyboard] w/ the following settings :
# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

  XKBMODEL="pc103"   <---
  XKBLAYOUT="jp"     <---
  XKBVARIANT=""
  XKBOPTIONS="terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"

BACKSPACE="guess"
3/[udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change]
4/[vi /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf] where I changed
KEYMAP=n to KEYMAP=y
5/[update-initramfs -u]

Thanks.