著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: [DNG] Apparently Jessie has runit
Hi all,

Apparently Debian Jessie (and therefore I'd assume Devuan Jessie) has
the Runit init system as an option:

https://packages.debian.org/es/jessie/runit

Obviously, Devuan Jessie should default to sysvinit: There's enough
other work to do.

That being said, anyone who wants to get familiar with a more powerful
(than sysvinit and systemd) init system might want to experiment with
runit in an experimental VM. I use runit on a daily basis, and the
longer I use it the more sense it makes.

And with Runit, creating your own daemon is nothing more than writing a
program that keeps looping. No backgrounding necessary (or desired).

Have fun experimenting.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28