:: Re: [DNG] lilo development has ende…
Página Inicial
Autor: Stephanie Daugherty
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] lilo development has ended
the plethora of numbered config files is a consequence of debian policy
(config files have to be owned by exactly one package, and that's the only
package which can automatically touch them) rather, than any design of
grub2 itself. Split configs is the way that Debian works around this policy
while still allowing packages to automate configuration - the kernel
package owns a file with the bits needed to enable that kernel, the
memtest86 package own a file with the bits to add memtest86, and so on, so
that there are no turf wars

The same pattern exists in many other Debian packages, it's not a grub2
thing at all.