:: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseA…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng\@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseAudio...
Emiliano Marini <emilianomarini82@???> writes:
> Word from Eric Hameleers, one of the main Slackware maintainers (AKA
> alienbob):
>
>> "...you have to have PA installed because applications are now linking
>> against it. What you can still do is configure PA to be an input channel
>> for ALSA and leave ALSA to control your hardware.
>> But generally speaking I would not recommend that unless you have high
>> audio quality standards (being a musician or an audiophile) in which case
>> you should look at Jackd anyway instead of just ALSA or PA.

[...]

This is actually really remarkable statement. I understand this
basically as "If you don't really care about audio quality, pulseaudio
is surely good enough for you", IOW, "despite pulseaudio is anything but
good at doing the job it's supposed to be used for, it's surely
sufficient for 'consumers'".