:: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
Página Inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Does dunst require dbus?
On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:26:07 -0500
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> Steve Litt wrote:
>
> >Does dunst depend on dbus?
>
> Well, according to apt-cache depends, it needs dbus' shared library
> (libdbus-1-3).
>
> >Can dunst be run without dbus?
> >Can notify-send be run without dbus?
>
> Since it doesn't depend on dbus package, which contains
> dbus-daemon, it may be able to.
>
> Not sure, whether having libdbus-1-3 is a concern.

Probably not. My fight is with systemd, not dbus or PulseAudio.
However, the whole systemd episode has made me untrusting of anything
promoted by Freedesktop.Org, so in an ideal world I'd have no dbus.

> dbus(-dev) is required for building. libdbus-1-3 itself doesn't
> needdbus.

It might be possible that this dependency is a per-distro thing. The
reason I say that both these commands output nothing on a Void Linux
machine:

[slitt@mydesk ~]$ xbps-query --fulldeptree -x libnotify | grep -i dbus
[slitt@mydesk ~]$ xbps-query --fulldeptree -x dunst | grep -i dbus
[slitt@mydesk ~]$

I'm not for a moment suggesting Devuan should remove Debian's libdbus
dependency. We have bigger fish to fry.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28