:: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseA…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
A: Adam Borowski
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Slackware now uses PulseAudio...
Good evening,

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:52:31AM -0500, Mitt Green wrote:
>> Frankly, I don't understand, why Open Sound System
>> option is marked DEPRECATED in menuconfig.
>
> Have you looked what hardware does it support?

[snip]

The big
«IN PARTICULAR ALL AC97 SOUND DEVICES ARE SUPPORTED BY OSS EVEN THEY ARE NOT
LISTED HERE. ALSO ALL MOTHERBOARD CHIPSETS ARE SUPPORTED OR AT LEAST WILL BE
SUPPORTED WITHIN FEW WEEKS FROM THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT.»

In the beginning of the list [0] means that all ac97
sound devices are supported by OSS.
Thus I don't know how you're doing, but my earphone plug
(ending into an AC '97 sound board) is supported...

[0] http://www.opensound.com/osshw.html