著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Linux 4.4 and KMS
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:25:25 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Eh, root is dangerous... Users should never ever use root: there are
> other safer alternatives to that, like many modern Operating Systems
> ,like for example, Windows, Android, OSX. They all think for
> themselves, updating themselves automatically without users having to
> know and understand what is happening. This is the way forward, it is
> the only sane way of using a computer. Those who cannot grasp this
> basic fact, are deluded to think they are still operating a computer
> from the seventies with green text on a black background.
> [/sarcasm]
>
> Edward

You had me going there for a second, Edward, before I read
"[/sarcasm]". Thank goodness I'd just taken my blood pressure medicine.

And there was a nugget of truth in your message. The Kaypro 2x I bought
in 1984, with a 9 inch green screen, 2Mhz Z80 and CPM, ALWAYS did the
same thing when confronted with the same situation. Unlike modern
Windows and systemd computers. Socket activation: My Aunt's Hat!

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28