:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: david
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
> This looks extremely desirable. Unfortunately we are not yet at the
> point where there are two parallel threads of Gnu/Linux (since they
> persist to use that name) development. RedHat and Debian are still the
> major driving force, due to their large number of developpers. And
> Devuan is still derived from Debian. I guess some agreement would be
> necessary amongst a number of anti-systemd distros to reach that goal.
>
> Didier

This agreement really ought to happen. I would suggest going further,
inviting the developers of the main non-systemd inits to join as well.

The "Init Freedom" badge was a great idea for a rallying banner, but it
won't go far without a cross-distro/init consensus. Something like that
won't build itself. How should we begin?

David H