:: Re: [DNG] Predictable Network Inter…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Anto
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Predictable Network Interface Names - Stupid or good idea?

On 09/01/16 15:42, Steve Litt wrote:

[snip]

> Seriously, now is the time for everybody to learn the ip command. It's
> ugly. It's poorly documented. But it's very, very powerful, and enables
> you do do just about anything in networking.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/28

A bit out of topic. I thought ifconfig or net-tools package itself has
been considered obsolete a long time ago. As for me, 10+ years ago I had
issues with net-tools on the network configurations related to traffic
shaping, tunnelling and IPv6. Since then it became a habit to me to
always use the tools from iproute2 package.

On the topic. It would be quite interesting how vdev will be (or is)
managing this network interface naming assignment. Do you have any
comment on this, Jude?