:: Re: [DNG] kbd, init curtain call in…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] kbd, init curtain call in Debian
On 09/01/16 03:23 AM, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> On 09/01/16 21:15, Jaromil wrote:
>> dear Clarke,
>>
>> thanks for the notice
>>
>> On Fri, 08 Jan 2016, Clarke Sideroad wrote:
>>
>>>     It looks like the choice loss and changes creep on.
>>>     It popped up on my sid/ceres/no-systemd box today:

>>> kbd (2.0.3-2) unstable; urgency=medium
>>>
>>>     The kbd init script is no longer supported. If configuration in
>>>     /etc/kbd/config and /etc/kbd/remap is unmodified there will be an
>>>     attempt to automatically clean up those files as well as the
>>>     /etc/init.d/kbd init script on upgrades, if not THEY ARE LEFT IN PLACE
>>>     and considered owned by the local admin.
>> are you able to volunteer maintaining a fork of this package?

>> right now we are experiencing a temporary outage on the web interface of
>> git.devuan.org, yet it should be back up soon. Then the procedure would
>> be to import the last valid source package into our gitlab and keep it
>> functional in relation to other packages and scripts.
>>
>> I suspect that in case of kbd this won't require much future action.
>>
>> ciao
>>
> To speed this up I can get it all set up and hand it over once it builds
> successfully.
>
> That's probably the fastest/most seemless way at the moment.
>
> Regards,
>     Daniel.

I have a bunch of personal stuff happening right now, but with a bit of
luck and some learning I might be able to do this.
I will know later next week, I don't want to commit to something and
then have to back out.

I have cloned the kbd git from kernel.org and will give it a look over.
I have also subscribed to the kbd list at alt.linux.org
That should get me more of a handle on what is happening upstream and
what kind of a commitment would be necessary.

I will get back to you on this soon as I can.

Clarke