:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: karl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
Rainer Weikusat:
> The sensible way to handle this is really "the distribution ships a
> kernel which optionally supports everything" (via aggressive
> modularization) and people who think they want/ need more control over
> this part of the system can change that as they see fit (by compiling a
> custom kernel). Insofar someone feels his custom kernel is of more
> general use than just "run on this machine", the configuration could be
> shared via internet. It's even failrly easy to share the kernel itself:
> I posted a script I've been using since 1998 to build kernels for
> different machines on a dedicated one and for someone who likes "shot
> from behind trough the chest right into the eye" constructions, there's
> always kernel-package for creating custom-kernel Debian packages.

Building the kernel is easy, tools are provided (later kernels have a
deb-pkg target), choosing configuration is the hard part.

Would it be sensible for devuan to set up a user contrib site where one
can upload kerlnels and or configs, together with reasons why that
config is choosen ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data