:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???> writes:
> So I've been thinking more about this as to why?
>
> It is quite obvious that it is driven by Redhat to be the same as Oracle
> Solaris, they say as much.

That's "quite obviously" an after-the-fact justification and the
corresponding freedesktop.org text,

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken/

(still) quite plainly states that udev (it names no other examples) is
developed based on the assumption that / and /usr reside on the same
device and that any bug reports regarding this are WONTFIXes. IOW,
that's a policy decision certain people originally made for "their
systems" which is now forced on everybody else.