:: Re: [DNG] Question about the merged…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Question about the merged repos
On Mon, 1/4/16, Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Question about the merged repos
To: "Go Linux" <golinux@???>, "dng@???" <dng@???>
Date: Monday, January 4, 2016, 4:33 PM

On 04/01/16 06:52, Go Linux wrote:

> Why are you merging the debian, backports and dmo repos? Is there a
> way to separate them? I have rarely used backports and always
> downloaded what I need from dmo when I first install and then disable
> it. dmo can really break things if you're not careful.

We are currently merging dmo - was mostly done as a test for amprolla. I
can ask nextime to remove that if it is causing breakages or other
problems.

As for locking to specific versions, that *is* what pinning is meant
for. Not merging dmo won't prevent an upgrade causing a broken debian
version to be pulled in instead.

We are NOT merging backports or updates or security updates. These will
all be handled as separate repositories. If you want backports (or
stable updates) you have to specify them in your /etc/apt/sources.list

We'll of course need to document this in our "getting started with
Devuan" guide which has yet to be written.

Regards,
    Daniel.

For my use case, I would prefer to have all the repos separated because it's much easier to manage and for consistency because that is the way that debian has always done it. If a repo is commented out, there is no chance of upgrade breakage. :) Or at least eliminates one avenue for an oops to slip in. I usually only update media software if it starts to fail in some way and then keep my fingers crossed . . .

golinux