:: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving Devua…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Teodoro Santoni
À: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Sujet: [DNG] PAM usage (Was: Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities)
Good evening,

> karl@??? writes:
>> chaosesqueteam@???:
>>> I don't understand the desire to change it at all.
>>
>> And neither do I.
>> Except someone talked about ssl libs.
>
> Someone wrote about some PAM module which would require OpenSSL. No such
> PAM module currently exists on my system and I don't quite understand
> why 'PAM modules' would be needed for booting a system, anyway.

Nothing is impossible and someone may wish to integrate his/her wordpress' login
credentials with the computer(s) he/she manage.
I recognize it's a stupid example.

However: logind, systemd, the MadnessKit family of Kits, break configurations
because of byzantine and heterogenous types of login (rfid, TPM,
fingerprints, ...), masses of sec data different than "a key for a service"
and multi-user access to programs (thirty years of X server
and you can run X as root XOR use systemd). Or so it seems.
But do any of you find useful to have PAM? Do any of you need single-sign-on,
TPM, smart-cards that unlock ttys, integrate kerberos with linux, or the like?