:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Top Pagina
Auteur: karl
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
Rainer Weikusat:
> karl@??? writes:
> > chaosesqueteam@???:
> >> I don't understand the desire to change it at all.
> >
> > And neither do I.
> > Except someone talked about ssl libs.
>
> Someone wrote about some PAM module which would require OpenSSL. No such
> PAM module currently exists on my system and I don't quite understand
> why 'PAM modules' would be needed for booting a system, anyway.
>
> But udev wants to put its rules files below /usr by default and as far
> as I know, changing this requires patching the code.

Don't use udev so cannot check that. Perhaps time for devuan to switch
to vdev, is it ready for prime time ?

Why don't udev place its rules close to the kernel modules directory,
that would make more sense, or put them under /etc as is the
conventional wisdom. But then, /etc-less systems are thought about:

http://0pointer.net/blog/projects/stateless.html

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data