:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Svante Signell
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
On Mon, 2016-01-04 at 09:29 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 02:43:57PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >     We are discovering day after day that "init freedom" is about
> > the emerged part of the iceberg. Debian still pretends to offer init
> > freedom. What is under the sea level is a whole monolithic operating
> > system absorbing all critical Linux subsystems like a black hole.
> > Therefore escaping this monster means much more than init freedom,
> > it is something like keeping a free Linux/Gnu OS.
>
> Didier, as a lurker, can I ask what elements besides systemd and udev do
> you think define this black hole? Is there a consensus over this?

Now they are also pushing hard for the RH invention UsrMerge, see
https://packages.debian.org/sid/main/usrmerge and the discussion on debian-
devel.

In my opinion the change should be the other way around (as GNU/Hurd tried to do
a few years ago): ln -s /usr /, i.e. files in /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/ should be
moved to /bin/ and /sbin/, respectively. Same for /usr/lib to /lib etc. (of
course successively).