:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Didier Kryn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
Le 04/01/2016 16:26, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> I meant
>> >4) Let the installer build the kernel, depending on what the hardware and
>> >file systems being installed actually need.

     Maybe Gentoo does this, although I'm not sure, but the philosophy
is very different: they compile everything from source. And it doesn't
install as smoothly as Devuan.

     In Devuan it means something very unusual: the installer must first
install gcc, generate a config file and compile the kernel. It is not an
easy task to generate a working config for any hardware combination. The
resulting kernel package would be local and couldn't undergo upgrades.

     Didier